Letter #69
Hey Everybody 

This week has been pretty busy. We have been trying to find our future investigators and our new ones. This week i´ve been thinking about trying to develop more charity for others. I hit me just how big the gift of charity is. It´s not just merely giving to others. It´s seeing them through god´s eyes. Imagine what it would be like to be in god´s shoes for a day. How would he see others? What would he feel? For me contacting in the streets is really hard. I´ve been trying to develop charity and it hit me that in order to contact effectively I need to have this vision. If we really want to bring people back to god we need to see them as his children. It is hard but Charity suffers long. Is kind, seeketh not her own thinketh no evil, etc. May we all try to develp this gift. 

As for our investigators, This week our fecha "baptisimal Date" fell. We are teaching a bolivian family named Ricardo and Elsa. They are really open but they need to still do some things before they can enter the waters of baptism. Our other investigator, Malvina came back from vacation in Salta so we passed by and talked to her about it. Next time we pass by we will read the book of mormon with her. :)   

I´ve got some more news. This week was the end of the transfers and for the third time in a row the transfers suprised me. After only haveing 1 transfer in the area my companion, Elder Lopez, is leaving. This has been the only area where I have had 3 transfers with 3 different companions. Wierd right? My new comp will be comming today. His name is Elder Guzman. He is from Mexico. That´s all I know about him. This transfer will be wierd taking into account that It will be 7 weeks instead of 6. Now instead of going home on the 26th of july I will travel on the 2nd of August. Yay!! I get another week in the mission! Something else wierd. In september of 2014 when I came to argentina we were a group of 18ish elders and 1 sister missionary. The sister missionary that came with us goes home today. WOW I feel old. XD hahaha The time just keeps going by quickly :) I´ve still got 6 months though. I´ve just got to make it count. "SIEZE THE DAY!" :D 

I hope all is going well with you all this week. I love you guys and hope you have a spegtacular week. :D

Con AMor
Elder Kolton Elmer


Hola Hola Hola :D

This week has been busy. We have been trying to work with the family we have been teaching. Their baptisimal date fell today because they didn´t come to church but this week we are going to talk with them a little seriously :) They are a good family but untill they start showing more interest they can´t be baptized. We´ll see what happens. We have other new investigators and some futures that we are still trying to find. I think that the vacations are comming to a close. Probably around march they will be all done and over with. :) 

I´ve got some more news. This week was the end of the transfers and for the third time in a row the transfers suprised me. After only haveing 1 transfer in the area my companion, Elder Lopez, is leaving. This has been the only area where I have had 3 transfers with 3 different companions. Wierd right? My new comp will be comming today. His name is Elder Guzman. He is from Mexico. That´s all I know about him. This transfer will be wierd taking into account that It will be 7 weeks instead of 6. Now instead of going home on the 26th of july I will travel on the 2nd of August. Yay!! I get another week in the mission. Something else wierd. In september of 2014 when I came to argentina we were a group of 18ish elders and 1 sister missionary. The sister missionary that came with us goes home today. WOW I feel old. XD hahaha The time just keeps going by quickly :) 

It was nice having a baptism. In all of my areas after I had allready left the investigators that I had got baptised. I started the teaching so I take part of the credit as well. ;) The areas where we had a baptizm was in Puerto Madryn and Ushuaia. In puerto madryn I witnessed and in Ushuaia I confirmed. I´m not discouraged about not having more baptisms. I´m trying what I can and that´s enough. 

I laughed a lot hearing that dad got stuck xD hahaha It sounds like you guys have had a very "white" week. here we´ve had lots of rain and cold weather. I´ve enjoyed this a ton. I way prefer the cold over the heat. 

About the paperwork. I have no idea if there are places like that here in Argentina. I will call president rogers and see if he knows of any places where that could be possible and next week I will get back to you. :) My drivers liscence expired June 19th, 2017 

I hope you guys are enjoying the superbowl and relaxing :D Let me know who wins :) That´s all for this week. I hope you guys have a good one :D 

Con Amor
Elder Kolton Elmer


Hey Dad :D

I´m happy to hear that you had a good superbowl weekend. That´s the best way to spend it. Just relaxing and shooting the breeze. About the things for school, mom mentioned about a few forms and things like that. I told her I would talk with president to see if there are any Notary publics here where I can go to sign the forms :) Wow I didn´t know I had that many credits. I´m glad that I did concurrent enrolment. I´ve only got 6 months left. That´s plenty of time for me to work. My motto now would probably to sieze the day. With a new transfer and a new companion it´s going to start off great :D My new companion is Elder Guzman. He´s mexican. Thinking about all my past comps, I´ve had one from Argentina, Columbia, Nicaragua, Canada, Equador, and now one from Mexico :D Taking into account all the other missionaries that weren´t my comps, I´ve met at least one person from every country in South america!! I love the huge mix of cultures among the missionaries. It makes an interesting combination xD hahaha

Don´t worry, the school stuff doesn´t make me trunky. I really miss the snow though. xD It will be wierd having the seasons back to normal when I get back :) Oh well I´ve still got time to enjoy the winter/Summer here in argentina :) 

Next week will be a great week :D 

Con Amor
Elder Kolton Elmer

No comments:

Post a Comment