Letter #59

Hey Everybody. Happy thanksgiving. I hope you all had a good one. For our zones we are having another super pday with the 2 zones and we are going to have a big lunch for our own thanksgiving :D  

Here´s a funny story for you this week. So last week I made an alfajores. Alfajores are 2 shortbreak cookies with dulce de leche in the middle and rolled in Coconut. I made this recipe 3 times or so last week for our district and aparently somebody in our district got the word out and now everybody in the zone knows that I make alfajores. xD Durring a service we had this saturday organizing a library, one of my ZLs came up to me and told me. "you know your district has the dessert for the super pday this monday right?." they probably chose us to make the dessert for that specific reason xD hahaha He also told me that he can´t wait to try them. So yesterday we made the recipe and we quadrupled it. In total it made about 180 individual cookies which is close to 90 alfajores :O :O It was CRAZYNESS how much dough and cookies it made. We used a kilo of everything and a full dozen of eggs so I hope that whoever blabbed to the ZLs is happy. xD hahaha

As for our investigators this week, They are doing well. We recieved a new reference and he seems really interested in our message. Our 2 other investigators are 2 kids that are 12 and 14 their mom is less active and we invited them to the YW introduction activity and their mom and the kids came along with another one of their friends named Brian and his mom. The day before when we went to invite them I got to meet Brian´s mom and she is very curious and was asking us a lot about the church. She was very suprised to find out that we celebrate our Bdays and other holidays and that we can go out and actually have fun xD I guess that the phrase in the scriptures means by a "peculiar people". My testimony was strengthened by being able to talk to her and tell her about what our church is really like. I also realized how much I love what we do as missionaries and the gospel that we teach. Although it´s hard at times it is worth every effort. She is a very big posibility for a future investigator and posibly could be a baptism. I love these 2 families so much. They are so fun and wonderful to teach. 

I hope you all have a happy thanksgiving and a good week. I love you all.

Con Amor
Elder Kolton Elmer


Hola Hola Hola!!!!

I´m glad to hear that you guys enjoyed your thanksgiving. Today after I write this letter we are going to have a thanksgiving dinner of our own as another Super Pday. We won´t have turkey but we will make something good :D Here´s a funny story for you this week. So last week I made an alfajor recipe 3 times or so and aparently somebody in our district got the word out and now everybody in the zone knows that I make alfajores. xD Durring a service we had this saturday one of my ZLs came up to me and told me. "you know your district has the dessert for the super pday." they probably chose us for that specific reason xD hahaha He also told me that he can´t wait to try them. So yesterday we made the recipe and we quadrupled it. In total it made about 180 individual cookies which is close to 90 alfajores :O :O It was CRAZYNESS how much dough and cookies it made. We used a kilo of everything and a full dozen of eggs so I hope that whoever blabbed to the ZLs is happy with the dessert we made xD hahaha It will be a good activity x) 

As for our investigators this week, I will send the group letter to you guys so you can see. :D 

This week I got your package. It was the one that had all the Hi Chews inside. :) Thanks so much. I wish I could send you photos but I guess you guys will be able to see them when I get back ;) Just imagine me with a big smile on my face :D 

I am doing very well and am loving the area. We are getting a bit of wind recently but that´s normal here in comodoro. it´s been HOT probably becuase i´m not used to it after being in Ushuaia and Tolhuin and other cool places like these but oh well I´ll get used to it. :) Happy thanksgiving you guys. More than anything i am greatful for your support not only for my mission but it all that you have done. Thank you for everything.

Con Amor
Elder Kolton Elmer

p.s. About the contacts. I´ve been looking around our area and there isn´t a pharmacy that´s very close and idk if they will have the perscription but I will try this week if we have time. :) 



Hey Dad :D I have been doing Fantastic!! :D I´m happy to hear that everything with your office is all settled and that you don´t have to worry about that anymore. It sounds like you have a pretty nice schedule for the holidays :D I hope you enjoy all the time off. :D About the cooking. We have cooked so much this past week. Yesterday I made alfajores again but this time I quadrupled the recipe. At least I had the help of my comp and my DL and his comp as well to help me. The recipe quadrupled needed 1 kilo of everything and a full dozen of eggs. I made all of the alfajores for our zone´s thanksgiving activity today in the chapel in K3 The 2 zones are getting togethter again so I made enough alfajores for everyone to have 1 But in total the recipe made 180 cookies which would be 90 alfajores in total and there are 44 missionaries. If I think i´m fat now I´m really going to be chunky when I get home xD hahaha Just kidding. I´m still about 80 Kg and i´ve always maintained it since the start of my mission so i won´t be too fat when I see you guys. xD :) That´s pretty much all for now. When our money comes in our cards we are going to start cooking more often :D I for sure will be cooking for you guys A LOT when I get back. I have planned out a whole week of what i´m going to be cooking ;D ;D I hope you have a good week :D 

Con Amor 
Elder Kolton Elmer



No comments:

Post a Comment