Letter #57

¡¡Hola a Todos!!

This week was week 6 and the end of my 11th transfer in the mission in the area of Standart, Comodoro Rivadavia. It was tons of fun with my companion Elder Kirts. I was really sure that he was going to be heading out. Normally our mission president likes to keep us in areas for about 2 or 3 transfers and seldomely does he keep a missionary in an area for 4 transfers (6 months) Since my comp had 3 and I only had 2 I was really sure he was going. After our zone acitvity our ZLs read the transfers to us. "Elder Elmer you are called to serve in the area of Maximo Abasolo in the comodoro south zone. Your new companion will be Elder Cardenes." Aparently my new area is also one of the most dangerous in the mission. I`m both excited and a tad nervous for what these next transfers hold but in the end I know that it will be for my own good :D I hope you all have a good week and are having a good day :D I love you all. Chau Chau

Con Amor
Elder Kolton Elmer


hey mom :D

This week has been crazy not because of the work but becuase of everyone going home with transfers xD I got to see my trainer, Elder Lebaron yesterday and today. It`s hard to believe that he`s already going home. Can you believe it? There`s quite a few elders going home but i`m glad for the example they set. Other than that there`s not really much that we did this last week. I`ve got some news for you guys. I am really enjoying the divinity and pinoche and all the goodies you sent me ;) The package came last week and i`m really enjoying the new games you sent me. Thanks so much ;) 

Also I have another piece of news in regards to transfers. I was really sure that my companion Elder Kirts was going to leave but I was really suprised to find out that he`s staying and I am being called to serve in the comodoro south zone in the area of Maximo Abasolo one of the most dangerous areas of the mission. I hope that this doesn`t give you a heart atack reading this. I will be fine. The spirit will keep me safe :D It will give me lots of material for my homecomming talk xD hahaha I`ll keep this letter short for this week. I love you guys and hope everything is going well at home. Tell talon and Lyndon to be good xD hahaha.

Con Amor 
Elder kolton Elmer

p.s. My ponderizing scripture was in Colossians 3:22-24 It talks about how while serving others we serve christ. I`ve felt more charity towards others as i`ve given more of myself as i serve. it`s just like in general conference how they said our hearts break as we reach for christ and i`ve felt that. I love being a missionary :D  

I forgot to tell you how the weather has been recently.
The weather here has been very VICIOUS lately :O :O one day it got up to 35 degrees celceus that`s probably in the 80s in feireinheight. Then the next day out of nowhere we where almost swept off our feet and carried by the 100 kph winds :O We were so dirty by the time we came back to the pension. Luckily we have a very nice shower. Ever since it`s been hot and windy. :) Except for today it`s kind of overcast and cool now :D It will probably change super quickly though

Elder Kolton Elmer


Hey Dad :D

Transfers took a turn for the suprising this week! It turns out I will be getting a new companion but I won`t be the one staying in the area. Elder Kirts will stay and i`m going to the Comodoro South zone. I am now Senior companion in an area called Maximo Abasolo. It`s also up there with one of the most dangerous areas in the mission. Lots of responsibility but in the end it will be a good learning experience and it will give me lots of stories to tell when I get home to see you guys xD hahaha I know that the spirit will protect me and things will work out the way they should :) I`m excited for the new area though

That sounds fun tell you`re co workers that I said Hi :) I didn`t know colorado had that many sunny days. That`s crazy. Here the weather has been sweltering and windy as heck. I just about got blown away! I`m glad I have those protective glasses or else I would have ruined my contact lenses for sure!! Speaking of which. I was wondering if you guys could send me some more contact lenses. My glasses broke and  I am down to my last pair and I don`t want to be blind xD hahaha If you could send those that would be great :) I`m glad to hear that you guys are loving colorado so much. I hope you guys have another good week over there. :D 

Con Amor
Elder Kolton Elmer

p.s. I think i may have made a few missionaries jealous of my cooking skills. I learned from the best you know! ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment