Letter #56

Hey Everybody!!! here is how the super pday turned out. In the bowling competition, we beat the Comodoro Sur zone. It was such a fun activity. The bowling ally was not anything close to what the states is like. There were no machines, however there were workers behind the pins that would set them and return the balls. It was one of the coolest things i`ve ever seen. I`m glad I took bowling before the mission because we had to keep score by hand. The other missionaries were all asking me how it works so I was glad to help. For the activity our zone had a zone jersy we made that had our name and MARC (mision argentina comodoro rivadavia) on front. It was baby blue. This pday was probably one of the most memorable ones i`ve had here in the mission.

The work on the other hand for this week has been going along really well. We have a new investigator. Her name is Carmen. She recently moved here from bolivia because her child died in an accident where a horse kicked her son. He was 2. We were able to teach her that families are forever and that she can see her son again. We extended the invitation for her to be baptized and she accepted. I know that families are forever. I know that what we teach is true and I am so greatful that I can have my family for an eternity as well. I hope all of you have a good week and remember how much the lord loves you all. 

Con Amor
Elder Kolton Elmer

Hey dad

It makes me happy to hear that you and sid had a good time at the football game. I imagine that you guys always just have a blast when he comes down to visit. The mission has been good. I am now in the last week of my 2nd transfer here in Comodoro Norte and my companion, Elder Kirts will most likely be traveling to a different zone and I will stay and have a new companion. Our companionship as been hard but SUPER fun at the exact same time. Yesterday we decided to make corn dogs and onion rings so my comp had a few recipes and they turned out really well. :D He is a great cook and has taught me a bit as well. :D This week we have a new investigator and she is super nice. I mentioned more about her in the grouop letter I sent. That`s pretty much all for now. We are just working hard and walking around as usual. 

About garden of the Gods. Mom told me the exact same thing that it would be a good place to take dates. Are you and mom hinting at something? xD hahaha I`m really excited to see that place. It`s wierd to think that this year is almost over. After the year`s up I will have 7 months or so left and then I will be comming back home before I know it. I can`t wait to see you guys on skype and all that good stuff. Are you going to take me on a tour of the new house? That would be pretty sweet. I`m glad to hear that the house is going along well and that you guys are doing weel in Colorado. Have a good week dad.

Con Amor
Elder Kolton Elmer

Hey Mom 

This week has been good. We`ve been working a lot and it`s been a pretty funny week as well. Just several funny things have happened such as hitting dogs in the face with rocks and having sword fights with soda bottles in the pension. We`ve been working a lot as well and we place a baptizimal date with one of our investigators. My comp, Elder Kirts is from L.A. California. He`s really into star wars so that`s why we started to have the sword fights in the pension xD We`ve been cooking a lot. This week we made corn dogs and onion rings from a recipe he found online. They turned out really good. We always cook a lot in the pension and it`s always super fun :) 

I can`t believe that this is the last week of the transfer. I will most likely be staying and my comp will be leaving. It`s even more crazy to think that soon thanksgiving, Christmas, Skype and new years will be here. Time is just flying by way too fast. Oh well, I`m treasuring every moment of the mission. I`ve seen so much growth in myself and the people we have been teaching. I know this church is true. although the mission is difficult at times it all ends up working in our behaf for the better. I love you guys and hope you have a good week :D Tell all the kids I say HI :D

Con Amor
Elder Kolton Elmer


p.s. about the photos. When you send me pics I can open them up and see them just fine. The problem is on my end. The computers here aren`t the best so sometimes the format changes and i don`t know how to change them back and since this is a cyber cafe it can be prone to get viruses so I think it would be safer if I didn`t send photos I will just save them and back them up on my pendrive for when I get home :) You can still send them to me though :D I like photos :D

No comments:

Post a Comment