Letter #51

Hey Dad :D

This week has been dificult.  Conference helped a lot though. I felt recharged and energized after all the talks. WHAT A GREAT CONFERENCE!!!! It was seriously one of the best ones i`ve listened to. I`ve been working on the challenges they have been offering as well and they`ve been going great :) As I watched the priesthood session memories were flashing through my mind of all the fun times before conference we had. I`m glad you and talon are building more memories. 

I`m glad that you are all done with work in Utah now. What a relief! Thanks for the info about denver. You guys should send me photos. It looks like there are lots of good things to do there. 

Con Amor
Elder Kolton Elmer


Hey everybody. I`m going to make this letter really short because I am out of time. For this transfer I am staying in comodoro norte zone with my companion. He`s a hard companion but I am learning a lot from him. Our investigators are doing well. We worked in construction for pretty much all our service projects this week  so that was fun to learn more about. One of our new investigators, leo,  and us will work this comming saturday on more construction and they will feed us Asado :P :P :P Asado beats any american BBQ he`s from bolivia and he taught us a few phrases in quetchua the native language of Bolivia and Peru. The work here in progressing and every zone in the mission baptized this last transfer. I hope you all are doing well. I love you all. I hope you have a good week. So much to write about and so little time to write it all. Next week I will write more

Con Amor
Elder Kolton Elmer


Hey mom. This week has been EXHAUSTING but very great at the same time. The missionary work is going well. We have found some new investigators and are teaching them. Throughout the week we also worked constuction with 2 of our investigators. We built a really big brick wall for one of our investigators. We also had another service where we cleaned up all the rocks and garbage in a recently constructed building. I`m getting BUFF xD hahaha just kidding i`m still pretty skinny but i`m getting stronger every day. We contacted a bit but for the most of the time this week we have been doing lots of service. With our new pension we will paint it tomorow and move into it on the 7th :D It`s a really nice pension :D I`ll send photos when it is all done :) 

My companion and I are going to be together another transfer.

For conference we watched it by satalite in the chapel downtown. Luckily they had a separate room where we all watched it in English. WHAT A GREAT CONFERENCE!! I thought of you durring Elder Holland`s talk and I just want to tell you thank you :) This conference inspired me to reach a little taller and work a little harder. I`ve started "ponderizing" and other challenges that were offered. Remember the talk about asking the spirit "what do I lack yet" and the other funny stories the Elder told? I have a funny experience for you. I took his challenge and prayed what it is I needed to do. I felt and impression and the spirit was very honest with me and told me. "Make your bed and say your morning prayers" You will be happy to know that i`ve started making my bed again and cleaning my room :) I have noticed a really great change and difference something as simple as making the bed and saying morning prayers can be :) I`m greatful as well for the talks about the atonement. I know for myself that although the repentance process is painful and unpleasent; it brings great joy in the end. Sometimes the adversary taunts us and says "Wow. That`s a big task you surely can`t change everything all at once" Don`t let that be the truth. Surely things won`t change imediately but we can do what we can one step at a time to conquer it.

For christmas this year I would like for you guys to send me a ton of christmas candy ;) Although the traveling might alter it a bit anything from the states is apreciated xD hahaha I would like another thing of peanut butter as well ;D If you can, some card games would be really fun. On pday we play LOTS of card games with the other missionairies so if you could send me "Bang" or another fun game that you think would be fun for a group that would be good :D I would love anything you guys send to me :D SUPRISE ME!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

That`s all for now. I hope you guys have a good week and that things continue to go well in Colorado. I can`t wait to see those photos :D 

Con Amor 
Elder Kolton Elmer

No comments:

Post a Comment