Letter #42

Hey Everyone! It´s been a while since my last group letter so here you guys go. This past week has been a busy one. We have been trying to find our investigators and set up more teaching appointments with them. We have had success with our recent convert, Ricardo as well. He is living proof that the gospel truly has the capacity to change people. Before he met the missionaries he was a theif and would go out and do bad things. Now he has left that behind along with many other habbits he had. He is a great guy. Christ´s atonement really does change people for the better. It may be hard but this proves the infinite love he has for each and every one of us. 

Our investigators are doing well. Here´s one miracle for the week. We were going to an investigators house but he wasn´t there. We decided to try a less actice member, mariana, and her car was out front. It has never been out there they are usually very hard to find.  We knocked on the door and her husband who isn´t a member answered. They had been talking about how they wanted to start having us pass by because they have felt recently that something has been missing. It was as they were talking about this that we knocked on their door. We got to meet her husband Sebastien and he related to us his past and we got to meet him. We are going to try and start teaching him so that he and his wife can both be members of the church together. I love this work and I know that the lord works with us. 

The area has been allright. I think i´m aclimatized to all the mountain climbing, sudded blizzards, barking dogs and all the other crazieness that is Ushuaia.xD Luckily we haven´t been slipping and sliding on all the ice too much so that´s good.  I will send in another email some pictures of things we´ve been doing recently. :) I hope you all have a good week. ¡Que dios les bendiga!

Con Amor a todos
Elder Kolton Elmer



One day we wen´t down to the shore and saw all the birds. The water is about 1 degree celceus or 38 degrees The water can´t freeze all the way becuase it´s ocean water so it just stayes right at this temperature. My comp and I had a good time taking jumpshots. I hope you guys enjoy.






As we were waiting for the bus I decided to take some sunrise photos. The sunrises and sunsets here are stunning.





This is El Faro The lighthouse at the end of the world. In the beagle canal there is another island that has sea lions or Lobos Marinos. Here´s a few photos of these :D 







We visited a museum where you were allowed to jump into the scenes and take photos. It talks about the history of the indians who lived here, the exploring expeditions with darwin and others, the colonizing of Tierra Del Fuego and the jail that was here. It was super neat and Interesting. I wish I could send more photos in 1 email :D








Hey Dad 

Things are going well. I sent a group letter with other details about the investigators. They are doing well. We had interviews with president yesterday and its sufficient to say that in this last week I have had the hardest time in the mission. After the interview with president and plans we have made. I have been "waken up" so to speak and I´ve had a "mighty change of heart" It´s been harder than I imagined but as alma describes. As great as his pain was his joy was just as excuisite. This has been my week so far. 

Contacting hasn´t been good last week we got 3 and we will work on that this comming week. Usually it´s difficult getting people to church because sometimes the bad weather opposes us xD hahaha We´ve had 1 sunday where the weather has been good. The others has been snow snow and more snow hahah :D It´s allright though. It provides a challenge for the investigators :) 

I´m glad you liked the mate description. I will for sure bring some of this home. I have about 6 mate cups now so i´m going to be using them A LOT when I get back :) We aren´t allowed to drink this type of mate but we are allowed to drink Mate Celestial. Instead of yerba you use coconut with sweet milk and vanilla. This has been my breakfast for the ´past week or so xD hahaha It´s super good. You´ll have to give it a try :) I hope all is well with you dad. Have a good week 

Con Amor
Elder Kolton Elmer

p.s. Thanks for telling me about what it was like on your mission. All the weather here is radical but one gets used to it. Probably the craziest weather we have is all the wind storms. Especially in Comodoro :)


HEY MUVER DEAR :D

This week has been easily the hardest but also the most uplifting week of my mission. We had interviews with president and I have been feeling down lately but he gave me some advice and council that has lifted me up higher than I can imagine. I know it was the atonement that did that. I wrote it in my journal so you can read it when I get back. :) I won´t go into too deep of details of what´s been going on but It´s sufficient to say that I was "waken up" so to speak and had a "mighty change of heart" :) Perhaps this was the biggest miracle that happened this week. The oportunity to change myself. 


Our investigators are doing well. Here´s one miracle for the week. We were going to an investigators house but he wasn´t there. We decided to try a less actice member and her car was out front. It has never been out there. Usually they are gone but we knocked on the door and her husband who isn´t a member answered. They had been talking about how they wanted to start having us pass by because they have felt recently that something has been missing. It was as they were talking about this that we knocked on their door. He related to us his past and we got to meet him and get to know him a bit better. We are going to try and start teaching him so that he and his wife can both be members of the church together. We have quite a good amount of investigators. We haven´t been able to find a few of them lately but we keep passing by trying to set up appointments. 

How´s lyndon doing now after the surgery? I hope she´s doing well :)  I´m glad to hear girls camp went well for brynn. What´s talon been up to lately? :) 

What´s happened with the office? Tell me more about how the hand of the lord has been in your lives this week. :) 

That´s awesome to hear about Jared Finnell and his fiance. The day after I complete a year in the mission they get married xD haha That´s kind of neat. :) 

Things are super snowy and cold here as usual. I´m all used to it by now though. With transfers we now have 3, myself included, missionaries that are going to complete a  year in the mission. How crazy time flies :) Well. I hope you guys have a good week. You all are always in my prayers. 




No comments:

Post a Comment