Hey Family!!Week two has been very great despite the stupid dogs. Oh dogs SUCK so bad. I´ve been attacked every now and then. I have quite the story. It ended up with me chucking a rock at 2 really big German shepards. The movie All Dogs Go To Heaven should be flipped around. I didn´t get bitten but I did throw plenty of rocks. :) I haven't seen any whales yet:)
How was General Conference? Here we got to watch General Conference in english which was nice. This weekend with conference was a little difficult because we couldn´t go visit people but... oh well. Yesterday we had conference with President Rogers and he taught us a lot about how to be better missionaries. I also found out that a member of the 12 apostles is coming to visit our area on November 13th :D :D :D I can´t wait for that. President Rogers is a great leader and I'm glad that he´s my mission president. During General Conference I loved Elder Holland´s talk about service. Give service and give it freely :)
Will you get to watch General Conference?
1. We watched General Conference in a room with a little TV in english. The spanish version was broadcast to the chapel just like they do for the priesthood session.
Where is your companion from?
2. My companion´s name is Elder LeBaron. He is from Mesa, Arizona. He is a great trainer and he loves teaching. We work very well together. I´m glad he does a lot of the talking because half the time I don´t even know what´s going on. xD haha I'll send you guys a picture. Be warned, you´ll have a lot of pictures today.
Have you seen the two letters we sent or the package yet?
3. No, I haven´t received anything yet but I´ll keep my eyes open.
Why don't you have power in your apartment/pension?
4. Someone came by and pulled a wire out of our electrical box.....idk why but we were able to fix it. We didn't have to worry about out pension because we don´t have computers in there anyway xD hahaha we do all our emailing from a cyber cafe. Yeah, we just did everything by candlelight.
Are you cold?
5. The weather is interesting here. it´s never been hot but at night it gets to the point to where you can see your breath. It gets pretty chilly for the most part. I´ve had to break out the coat at times so far.
Is it their culture to leave some food on your plate when you are finished to be polite like you read on the internet?
6. I honestly don´t know about the food. Here in Argentina they feed you until you are satisfied. Hahaha funny story. When we had Asado at hmo. lepe´s house he totally kept filling up my plate. He must have saw how skinny I was and wanted to fatten me up or something. xD haha
Please send me more questions :D
Elder LeBaron (Kolton's Trainer)
"Pension" in Puerto Madryn