Letter #64


Hey Everybody :D New transfers means new companion!! :D :D 
Starting off the new year with a new companion :D 

I am now with Elder Lopez in Abásolo. This week I picked him up in the terminal. He is from the province of Buenos Aires and he is so cool. He´s really funny when he´s around the other missionaries and we tell jokes back and forth. He also knows how to do spanish sign language. He taught me the alfabet this week and I need to practice a bit more. It is super fun. His mom has been losing her hearing so they communicate in sign language. It´s so cool to get to know people. Each one is so different and he´s allready taught me a lot. 

Along with other changes we celebrated the New year and ate a ton of food and watched fireworks. We make alfajores and watched movies in the chapel. We also had an Asado of Chorizo. It was super delicious. I love the idea of new years. It´s a fresh start on everything. :) For this new year I am going to try to apply myself to the mission in the sense of finding things that are my talents and using them to be a better missionary. Time flies by so i´m going to take the best advantage of it as I can while i still have it. I love you guys and wish you all a happy new year. Let´s sieze the year :D

Con Amor
Elder Kolton Elmer


Hey Dad :D

New years was a blast here. Literally! People were shooting off more fireworks than christmas!! The whole city was lit up with pyrotechnics :) We spent it will a member family and we ate empanadas, ceviche, salads, and lots of other good food :P I love the food here. :) My comp and I went a little earlier to make alfajores with the wife of a recent convert who lives with the family. She was really happy that I taught them how to make them :) That´s pretty much our New Years. The following day we had a super pday and had an asado of Chorizo and Chinchulin. They are almost the equivalent of bratwersts in the states but more fatty and even more unhealthy. They are really good though. :) 

At the same time we were really busy as well. We placed 2 baptisimal dates with 2 contacts we did. So we´ll see if they continue recieving us. In total for this week we saw lots of miracles. We had 80 contacts, 2 fechas, 10 lessons, and 3 new investigators. I hope the success continues keeping up its pace :) 

Happy new year dad and to the rest of the fam. Keep enjoying the new place :D

Con Amor
Elder Kolton Elmer


Hola mi mamá

New transfers means new companion!! :D :D I am now with Elder Lopez. He is from the province of Buenos Aires and he is so cool. He´s really funny when he´s around the other missionaries and we tell jokes back and forth. He also knows how to do spanish sign language. He taught me the alfabet this week and I need to practice a bit more. It is super fun. His mom has been losing her hearing so they communicate in sign language. It´s so cool to get to know people. Each one is so different and he´s allready taught me a lot. 

Our new year´s celebration was a blast. We mainly watched the fireworks with a member family and had an asado with our zone the next day. 

On Saturday we did divisions with the traveling assistants. We placed 2 baptisimal dates (fechas) and we worked like crazy. So we pretty much partied hard and worked our tails off at the exact same time :) Busy Busy Busy. That´s the life of a missionary. Nevertheless, There are miracles we see every day. There are many miracles that happen without us realizing but today was different. With the help of the asistant I was with he helped me see them. I´m glad I got to do that in my area. :)

Thanks for keeping me updated with everybody. I´m really excited to hear that talon is taking spanish. My companion is pretty excited about it as well ;) Tell him that if he needs any help with it I am at his disposal :D :D It´s crazy that Alyssa get´s home so quickly. The mission really does pass by really quickly :) I´m just trying now to make the most out of the little time I have. Although i have 7 months left that is still a small amount of time. About getting home July 26th. I´ve heard that president is going to extend one of these transfers to 7 weeks instead of 6 so I will be leaving to come home on August 2nd xD haha Wierd right? 

That´s pretty much all for this week. It´s been crazy but it´s been worth it. Have fun you party animals :D 

Con Amor
Elder Kolton Elmer

p.s. I want you to take me to the temple when I get back ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment