Letter #45
Hey Everyone. Last week for pday we decided to take a hike up to "la vela de la novia" It´s a really big waterfall and it was frozen. You could see the water falling down through a tunnel of ice that was formed as the water froze up. It also formed an ice cave behind it so I took some photos in there as well :D I hope you all enjoy. I love this place :D
 
 
 


Hola Mi Mamá 

Bueno aquí está la sorpresa. ¡Prepara su traductor! :D Esta carta yo solo voy a escribir en español. ¡Espero que les guste!

Esta semana ha sido muy bueno. Ayer tuvimos un lección con Gabriel y él está muy animado para su bautismo. Nos contó que ha recibido su respuesta mientras orando y él sienta bien :) Es un capo y investigador de ORO. Hemos enseñado todas las lecciones y ahora solo tenemos que meterlo en el agua :D jajaja Él me ha enseñado un montonazo también. Me ha enseñado que yo soy un buen misionero y realmente puedo compartir el evangelio con los demás. Aprendí mas que yo puedo explicar en este momento. Pero escribí lo resto en mi diario para que ustedes lo lean. :) 

Yo estoy muy bien :) El tiempo ha puesto muy raro. Normalmente aquí hace muchísimo frío durante este parte del año pero todo empezó a descongelar. Mucha de la nieve ha descongelado y hacía mucho sol toda la semana. Los días están largando. Esta anocheciendo mas tarde cada dia. Yo recuerdo que cuando yo llegue siempre anocheció a las 5 pero ahora el sol baja a las 6 o las 6:30. Ha sido una buena semana de temperatura :) 

Gracias por las noticias de casa. Yo quiero que me muestre fotos de Brynnon sin los braquetes :D ¿Ella está muy animada no tenerlos mas? ¿En serio? ellos se fueron a Lagoon y no me invitaron? Que chabónes xD jajaja Chiste Chiste. Estoy muy animado a escuchar papá contarme sobre eso :D 

Espero que ustedes tengan una buena semana. Yo les amo un montón y estoy agradecido que ustedes son mis padres. :) No puedo creer que este año a pasado tan rápido. antes que nosotros damos cuenta yo voy estar con ustedes muy pronto. :) 

Con Muchísimo amor
Elder Kolton Elmer
 
 
Hola a todos. Estoy escribiendo en español porque yo cumplo un año en la misión y espero que les guste. :) 

Esta semana ha sido muy interesante. Teníamos una tormenta de viento muy fuerte :O Tan fuerte que el viento forzó el agua por las ventanas de nuestra pensión. Hay un área aquí en Ushuaia que sufrió peor que todo. Se llama andorra y en esta área un par de arboles se cayeron en algunas de las casas. :( Después de almuerzo ayudamos una familia mover sus cosas fuera de la casa. Se veía muy triste. Espero que reconstruyan la casa y ellos estén feliz de nuevo. La hermana quien nos dio a almorzar también estaba cocinando para las personas en el barrio que han sufrido la tormenta. Mientras compartimos la escritura una vecina que no era de miembro estaba escuchando. El Elder smith empezó cerrar el libro de mormón que el tenía pero la vecina rogó  "No lo cierres por favor. Comparta conmigo algo más" Y entonces el compartió sobre la expiación de Jesucristo. Vimos todas estas personas que han sufrido y necesitaban ayuda y me vino a la mente que realmente Jesucristo nos conoce. El Entiende muy bien las situaciones y desafíos que tenemos cada día. El es nuestro socorro. El es donde hallamos la solaz y las ganas de seguir adelante. Yo sé que el murió para nosotros para que un día podemos estar con el. No hay fin en el amor que el tiene para nosotros. Solo tenemos que dejar que este amor nos lleva tras lo que pasamos en esta vida. Deja que caridad les llena y fluye a los que rodean. Yo sé que este es su obra. Y el evangelio cambia las vidas de las personas. ¡Que Sigamos adelante! Espero que siempre recuerdan de este amor. Les amo un montón. Buena suerte por todos y espero que tengan una buena semana. :) 

Con Amor
Elder Kolton Elmer
p.s. Tenemos un bautismo esta semana. Que oren por él :) 
 
 
Yo recibí todas las cartes que la primaria en nuestro barrio ha escrito. Por Favor Digales que estoy muy agradecidos para las cartas. Me hizo muy feliz :D Y tambien que les digas a ellos tambien gracias. :D 

Con Amor
Elder Kolton Elmer

p.s. (I recieved all the cards from the primary that you sent to me. Please tell them thank you and that i´m very greatful for the letters. They made me super happy :D and also tell them thank you.)

this is the only letter i´ll translate :) muahaha 
p.s. Good luck with the translation :D 
Hola Familia.
Due to the changes and the circumstances of this last week. I felt that if would be better to write to the both of you in one email this week. I really have nothing to say....I don`t even know where to begin. Life is WIERD with it`s twists and turns....ummm I will be honest this letter. I am shocked and scared out of my flippin mind right now. I honestly have my whole world turned upside down right now. I will do some praying and studying and hopefully I will recieve an answer that all of this change is what needed to happen. I hate change xD hahaha WOAH....I honestly don`t know what more there is to write this week. It will be very very wierd to report at our old ward with you guys not there but.... woah we`ll see what happens. I`m happy that you guys told me now that that it`s not like what happened in the movie the RM where the missionary get`s home and then finds out that that`s not his home. xD hahaha

I`m glad you guys liked my letters in spanish. Here`s something interesting for you guys. While I was writing in spanish It was as if I was writing in english. To me there really wasn`t that much difference.I hardly speak english anymore so it will be interesting when I get back :D It`s getting harder and harder to speak english.
My companion Elder Gutierrez goes home at 5 in the morning this friday. I`m going to miss being his companion but i`m not going to miss being trunky and thinking about home 24 7. Working has been hard but we`vebeen able to do it :) Aparently the lord has chosed to throw a lot of things in my face right now. A new companion this week. I don`t know if i will be leaving Ushuaia or not and our area changes and boundary changes. Well. ON the bright side my zone leaders haven`t asked for me to do legal papers, tramites,  here so I can´t leave so that`s probably a good sign that I won`t be leaving for a while xD haha I`m illegal here xD but the police don`t really do anything about it xD Today my world has been officially flipped upside down and I have no clue what i`m going to do with myself now. ahora no tengo mucho deseo regresar a casa pero estoy hablando de terror realmente eso no es lo que quierro decir.  Sorry if that sounds a little harsh but hopefully i will calm down this next week. I really don`t mean what I said in spanish. It`s probably better if you guys don`t translate that.
Love you guys  I will try to adjust and calm down and find the answer that the lord has for me in all of this.
Con Amor
Elder Kolton Elmer
 
 
Well... Another transfer has come and gone. My companion, Elder Gutierrez will be going back home to Nicaragua. It`s been a blast serving with him. I won`t miss being trunky though xD. It is one of the most homesick inducing things when you`re companion is getting ready to go home xD hahaha IDK what will happen this transfer. Presidente will be closing one of the areas in Ushuaia because a lot of missionaries are going home this transfer. It is very likely he will be closing ours. I may stay one more transfer but i`m ilegal so it may not be likely that I go yet xD hahaha. I have a feeling that I might either train here in Ushuaia, go to a new area, or be companions with one of the missionaries allready here :D I will keep you guys posted on what else happens :)
This week we are doing a noche blanca. Other missionaries in the zone are having baptisms so we are doing those this saturday. Our investigator will be baptized this week :D WOOO We are working with our other investigators but as usual it`s pretty difficult to find them due to the wierd schedule :) This week will be a good one :D I hope all is well with you guys back a home. Keep up the good work wherever you guys are :D
Con AMor
Elder Kolton Elmer
 
 
Hey Everybody. I got transfered to Comodoro Rivadavia close to mission headquarters :) I`ve loved my time here in Ushuaia and i`m excited what this new transfer with my new companion, Elder Kirts, has in store for me. It`s been a week full of changes now that my family moved to Colorado and the transfer but the lord`s hand is in it.
This week we also had a Noche Blanca of baptisms. We felt the spirit so strongly :) My investigator Gabriel got baptized :D His friend Facundo baptized and I comfirmed him. I will send photos next week but I could see the change the gospel has made and the happieness that it has brought him :) He has been one of the best investigators that i`ve ever had. Remember how much the lord loves those we teach. He atoned for us and I know that this is his work. I love you all and wish you guys a good week :)
Con Amor
Elder Kolton Elmer
Hey Mom!!!! This week has been a week ful of lots of prayer, fasting, and just plain trying to find consolation in this big pill the lord has given for me to swallow. I called president for a few things and he told me he has something in store for me this transfer. Not only has life at home been changed but I am getting transfered to Comodoro now. My new companion will be Elder Kirts. Now Elder Kirts is an..........interesting character and i am junior comp...again. He was here in Ushuaia and from the first impression. I know that this transfer or these 2 comming transfers will be probably the most hardest i`ve ever experienced so far. I am both excited and dreading what this new transfer holds. I now the lord wouldn`t have given me this ATOMIC BOMB if he knew that I couldn`t handle it. It has been, is ,and will still be difficult untill I can manage to find some comfort which I have been able to find. I will have to tell you all of this when I get home or in skype because I cannot describe everything in this letter. It`s safe to say that things are on a roller coaster from the very highest of feelings to the very lowest of the lowest. Luckily for the most part I have been feeling better. I will keep you posted on how everything goes this first week of transfers.
On the spritual High of this week. Gabriel got baptized and It is seriously one of the stongest times that I have felt the spirit. We sang Nearer my god to thee and It was gorgeous :D I have also seen lines that my patriarc said to me over 5 years ago fulfill themselves over and over again in this part of the world. I have talked to the other missionaires in the district that Elder Kirts was in and they said that he has changed and he has a heart of gold. I have also been told that I am junior comp with elder kirts becuase president trusts me enough to place me in this position and I am one of the very few that president can trust with this posision.
WOW things have been so wierd this week. They will be even wierder with the adjustment to the new area where the posibiities of getting robbed are most likely very high. Change adjustment change and hitting the reset button 100 times is what the lord has in store for me right now. I will be allright. Don`t worry about me. with time I will adjust. I`ve learned to do that with all the previous moves as well :) Let`s see what "New life Road" has for me to offer xD hahahaha
I hope you all have a good week. You guys have to send me photos of the new house. I`ve used google earth a little bit but I need more photos :D Have the kids been telling everyone how they have a big argentine older brother serving in the patagonia xD Have anybody been asking about what i`m like or anything. Any single adults? xD hahahaha Keep me posted.. Have a good week you guys. Keep me in your prayers because I need them now more than ever. :O
Con AMor
Elder Kolton Elmer
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment